VPGE is partnering with University IT to bring virtual, professional instructor-led technology trainings to graduate students and postdoctoral scholars. Take advantage of these free virtual classes to learn and practice applying these technologies to your research, career planning, summer project or internship - or just to your life! Add these trainings to your resume or CV to help demonstrate your transferable skills.
Learn how to enhance your project management skills and better manage projects of all kinds. This session focuses on bringing innovative insights and practical techniques to revolutionize managing projects of all sizes.
Key Topics and Takeaways:
- Project management defined
- Tasks, durations, dependencies
- Resources, availability, assignment
- Big projects, small projects, micro-projects
- Planning and micro-planning
- Issue tracking and issue management
- Defining results and driving to completion
- Streamlining communication and collaboration
- Setting expectations and negotiation
- Project meeting facilitation
- Project management tools
In advance of each session, UIT Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
- Specialized Content Knowledge & Skills
- Leadership & Management
- Career Development