The Washington, DC-based Association for Women in Science (AWIS), the largest multi-disciplinary organization for women in STEM, provides undergraduate and graduate students with professional development and leadership opportunities. As a member of AWIS, you will have access to a variety of programs and services, including an electronic version of AWIS Magazine, access to Washington Wire (a bi-weekly e-newsletter providing a digest of “hot-topic” articles), exposure to a variety of career opportunities through the AWIS Career Center, and opportunities for leadership and talent development training through live and on-demand webinars. As a Stanford student, you can access a free membership! Follow the directions below.
Directions for students to activate new memberships:
• Set up user name, and enter first and last names
• Click on “accept this membership” and continue
• Complete the registration form
• Click on the appropriate institution
• Certify that you are a graduate/undergraduate student
• Click on submit to complete the process
Through the Palo Alto AWIS chapter, you have access to monthly meetings, with interesting talks, networking events, a well developed mentorship program, and more!
- Specialized Content Knowledge & Skills
- Career Development