Stanford has Faculty Directors of Graduate Studies who take primary responsibility for overseeing graduate degree requirements, students' progress towards degree, and other academic issues.
December 2017 Meeting
The focus of the December 5, 2017 meeting was on Advising & Mentoring, specifically on results from the PhD Exit Survey and the Committee on Graduate Studies Advising Initiative. More information and resources follow:
- Connect via the 2017-18 DGS Roster
- Access the PhD Exit Survey (access restricted)
- Explore PhD student outcomes via the PhD Alumni Employment Study (public)
- Review the CGS Advising Initiative handout
- Check out VPGE's Advising & Mentoring web page, incuding the Polices & Best Practices and Guidelines for Faculty-Student Advising
- Apply for SCORE Academic Innovation Funds (download list of SCORE projects)
- Keep to the DGS FAQs handy
- Use the VPGE Brochure and Why Stanford for recruitment
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comments or questions or would like to request any VPGE materials.