EDGE Travel and Research Grants Proposals
Current EDGE fellows are eligible to receive up to $6300 to cover expenses related to travel to attend professional conferences or research. Support is contingent on advisor approval of your proposal.
Travel support is issued in the form of a travel stipend. Fellows who receive a travel grant are also required to file a post-travel summary.
- Currently enrolled EDGE Fellows may click here to submit your travel support proposal
EDGE fellows are eligible to apply for research that enables students to make successful progress on their dissertation research. The following are some of the categories for which research funds can be used:
- Special project costs such as the purchase of datasets, production of questionnaires, and running surveys
- Human subject costs
- Materials and equipment necessary for research activities
- Fees to participate in special workshops or seminars directly related to the dissertation
- Travel explicitly related to dissertation project activities (i.e. visiting off-campus archives)
- Travel to meetings or professional conferences at which the student will present a paper
- Other un-funded activities directly related to the dissertation
Research requests are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the quarter.
- EDGE fellows may apply here.