Open to enrolled graduate students at any stage in any discipline or degree program.
Hugh Kearns is one of the world’s leading experts on graduate student success. He has written ten books on this topic and had three articles published in the journal Nature. He lectures at the top universities around the world and in March he returns to Stanford to provide proven strategies for turbocharging your writing.
This workshop will help you to understand:
- why it is hard to get started
- how we deliberately use distractions to slow down writing
- the principles of "quick starting"
- how to deal with destructive internal beliefs
- how to set a writing plan and stick to it
- how to set achievable goals by writing in a silo
- how to greatly increase the number of actual words you produce
- how to clarify your thinking, and improve the quality of your work