Whether you are (re)designing your online or physically-distant-in-person course for the first or the hundredth time, these pop-up symposium events offer a diverse range of workshops, as well as small group and one-on-one support, to help you head into this unprecedented year with inspiration and confidence. Each two-week symposium will feature a concentrated set of online workshops delivered by experts from across the university. You can choose what to attend to optimize your experience based on your priorities, from Fundamentals of Course Design to How to Encourage Deep Reading Online.Monday, August 17 to Friday, August 28
- Read more about the TEACH Stanford Framework.
- Attend the Opening Plenary featuring a presentation on student responses to online teaching from IR&DS.
- Attend one or more workshops facilitated by teaching, learning, and technology experts from across the university. Peruse the August 17-28 workshop line up.
- Join a Teaching Circle, a small group of colleagues to connect with throughout the symposium.
- Drop by a Friday Course Clinic from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM PDT, where a team of campus experts will be available for one-on-one consultations.
- Understanding principles of teaching & learning
- Using effective instructional strategies