Your learning, teaching, and research don’t have to stop during the COVID-19 disruptions. Now is an opportunity to take advantage of Stanford’s extensive virtual resources, including new ones created in response to the global pandemic.
Below is a curated list of virtual learning opportunities offered by VPGE and other campus units. Some virtual events listed below occur at specific times; other resources are available on your own time.
Browse more campus events on VPGE's Upcoming Events list.
You can find additional virtual learning opportunities via the Graduate Professional Development Framework (the “VPGE Wheel”). Check out videos, read articles, or complete online trainings. (Filter by “Resource” under Recommendation Type to identify opportunities that are not time sensitive.)
Let us know about other opportunities you think grad students and postdocs would find worthwhile via email to email@example.com.
- Connect with the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) for resources and support to help students optimize their learning potential:
- Technology & Support for Students: includes information on software licensing, Canvas support, internet access options, equipment loans, and more.
- Student Learning Programs: remote learning tips, events, and academic skills resources, including one-on-one coaching
- Academic Coaching: get personalized advice on communcating with your advisor, creating a productive workspace at home, planning your dissertation, and more
- Check out videos of VPGE's professional development workshops
- Review the Graduate School of Education's COVID-19: Teachers, Families, and the Future for curated stories, activities, tips, and resources that address issues facing educators and families
- Learn something new with LinkedIn Learning (log in via Stanford UIT to get free access to all content)
- Stay engaged with service with Haas Center for Public Service's list of ideas for remote opportunities
- Engage with the Arts @ Home
- Browse free articles, videos, eBooks and more on a variety of topics with Stanford Online
- Review Teach Anywhere, an online guide to help you shift quickly from teaching in a classroom to teaching anywhere
- Check out CTL's virtual workshops and courses on teaching
- Stanford Libraries provides online resources for library access and research:
- Reach out to the Hume Center for Writing and Speaking for help with writing and speaking of any kind:
- Gain concrete, easy-to-implement communication tools and techniques with Stanford GSB's Think Fast, Talk Smart podcast series
- Access virtual well-being support from Well-Being at Stanford and Vaden Health Services
- Review BeWell’s Guide to self-care: Coping with coronavirus
- Participate in an online workout or wellness webinar through Virtual Recreation and Wellness
- Connect with Mind Over Money for your financial wellness - learning modules you can do on your own time, coaching, virtual events, and additional resources
- Practice a 20-minute meditation or watch a webinar from the Stanford Medicine Health and Human Performance team
- Engage in a contemplative practice with others through the Office for Religious and Spiritual Life's weekly programs
- Connect with virtual offerings at Stanford's career centers:
- BEAM Stanford Career Education - attend a virtual event, find online career resources you can explore on your own time, and check out the many ways BEAM can help PhDs and postdocs specifically
- EdCareers (School of Education)
- BioSci Careers (School of Medicine)
- GSB Career Management Center (Graduate School of Business)
- SLS Office of Career Services (Stanford Law School)
- Looking for individualized support? Make an appointment with these campus offices:
- Academic skills coaching with the Center for Teaching and Learning
- Career coaching at one of Stanford's five career centers
- Financial coaching with Mind over Money
- Lifespan strategies with the Schwab Learning Center
- Research consulting with Stanford Libraries
- Spiritual care with the Office for Religious and Spirtual Life
- Well-being coaching with the Vaden Health Center
- Writing or speaking tutoring with the Hume Center