Your learning, teaching, and research don’t have to stop during the COVID-19 disruptions. Now is an opportunity to take advantage of Stanford’s extensive virtual resources, including new ones created in response to the global pandemic.
Below is a curated list of virtual learning opportunities offered by VPGE and other campus units. Some virtual events listed below occur at specific times; other resources are available on your own time.
Browse more campus events on VPGE's Upcoming Events list.
You can find additional virtual learning opportunities via the Graduate Professional Development Framework (the “VPGE Wheel”). Check out videos, read articles, or complete online trainings. (Filter by “Resource” under Recommendation Type to identify opportunities that are not time sensitive.)
Let us know about other opportunities you think grad students and postdocs would find worthwhile via email to email@example.com.
- Grab your lunch and join VPGE's Quick Bytes virtual workshops!
- Connect with the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) for resources and support to help students optimize their learning potential:
- VPTL's Learning Hub is still providing remote help and resources, including acess to campus computer clusters and software.
- Check out videos of VPGE's professional development workshops
- Review the Graduate School of Educationa's COVID-19: Teachers, Families, and the Future for curated stories, activities, tips, and resources that address issues facing educators and families
- Learn something new with LinkedIn Learning (log in via Stanford UIT to get free access to all content)
- Stay engaged with service with Haas Center for Public Service's list of ideas for remote opportunities
- Engage with the Arts @ Home
Review Teach Anywhere, an online guide to help you shift quickly from teaching in a classroom to teaching anywhere
- Stanford Libraries provides online resources for library access and research:
- The Hume Center for Writing and Speaking is going virtual!
- Gain concrete, easy-to-implement communication tools and techniques with Stanford GSB's Think Fast, Talk Smart podcast series
- Access virtual well-being support from Well-Being at Stanford and Vaden Health Services
- Review BeWell’s Guide to self-care: Coping with coronavirus
- Participate in an online workout or wellness webinar through Virtual Recreation and Wellness
- Connect with Mind Over Money for your financial wellness - learning modules you can do on your own time, coaching, virtual events, and additional resources
- Practice a 20-minute meditation or watch a webinar from the Stanford Medicine Health and Human Performance team
- Join virtual Academic Chats offered collaboratively by VPGE and the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
- Connect with virtual offerings at Stanford's career centers:
- BEAM Stanford Career Education - visit the Spring 2020 FAQs for online career resources, and check out the many ways BEAM can help PhDs and postdocs specifically
- EdCareers (School of Education)
- BioSci Careers (School of Medicine) - offering Zoom and phone career counseling appointment, virtual course and workshops