Got innovation? Learn how to formulate, develop, and commercialize your ideas with Stanford Ignite.
Led by the Graduate School of Business, Stanford Ignite is a certificate program that provides the business fundamentals necessary to succeed at any entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial venture.
By participating in Stanford Ignite, you will be exposed to:
- Core business skills such as marketing, operations, strategy, accounting, finance, and economics
- Applied skills such as negotiation, teamwork, public speaking, leadership and pitching ideas
- Approaches to product design and prototyping
- Working in a team to develop a plan for commercializing a new product or service for an existing organization or a new venture
- Prominent executives and corporate, venture, and angel investors who participate as guest speakers, expert panelists and business mentors providing candid feedback throughout the venture building process
Stanford Ignite classes are taught by the same Graduate School of Business faculty who teach in Stanford's MBA program. Ignite participants will learn core business skills and experience working on a team to develop a business plan around a new product or service for an existing organization or a new venture. Prominent executives and corporate, venture, and angel investors participate as guest speakers, expert panelists and business mentors to provide candid feedback on team projects.
This program is intended for individuals who do not have graduate business training (e.g., an MBA). To increase the interdisciplinary nature of the program, graduate students and postdoctoral scholars from any discipline are encouraged to apply, particularly students in the Humanities & Sciences.
The $500 tuition for current Stanford graduate students and postdoctoral scholars is heavily subsidized by both the VPGE office (as part of the Stanford Graduate Summer Institute - SGSI) and the Graduate School of Business to support Stanford affiliates wishing to participate in the Ignite Full Time Summer Program.
- Specialized Content Knowledge & Skills
- Leadership & Management
- Developing leadership & entrepreneurial skills
- Managing people & projects
- Negotiating & resolving conflicts
- Career Development