This two-session Compelling Communication workshop gives you the skills and practice you need for your next important presentation, such as a qualifying exam, conference presentation, research meeting, or job talk.
Session 1: Presentation Development
Most people forget half of what you say within one hour of hearing your presentation. When your message resonates with your audience in a well-organized way, it is far more likely to be remembered. You will learn the necessary steps for creating clear, memorable and compelling presentations.
- Understand your audience’s needs and the speaking context
- Create a clear speaking goal
- Determine how the content best meets the needs of the targeted audience and your speaking goal
- Organize and structure your message to keep both you and your audience on track
- Open and close your presentation in a compelling way
Participation in both sessions is required. The workshop is highly interactive and experiential and participants are expected to be on time and prepared for each session.
- Applying digital & multimedia tools
- Personal Development